Terms and Conditions - HARP Seed
By submitting an application, you accept these terms and conditions and agree to comply with them. If you are submitting an entry on behalf of one or more organisations or a team, you undertake to Nesta that you have the authority to bind each of them and that you will be responsible for ensuring that they comply.
1. Who can submit?
Anyone who falls within the conditions of eligibility set out in the HARP Seed project page above can submit an application.
2.1 What happens after you apply?
2.1. We will assess any applications received by the deadline set out in the Entry Information and which satisfy the eligibility criteria. We currently intend to inform applicants of our decision by the end of January 2021.
2.2. Our decision about eligibility, about selection of applicants for HARP Seed, and about the amount and type of support to be provided (if any), shall be final. We may publish general feedback on applications to HARP Seed, but will not provide detailed individual feedback or enter correspondence with individual applicants.
2.3. Any financial or other support awarded by Nesta will be subject to the satisfaction of all relevant legal and regulatory requirements, signature of appropriate legal documentation and completion of appropriate milestones. We may only fund applications which meet our charitable objects and provide public benefit. We may impose conditions and restrictions on any private benefit or profit that may be derived from our grant. Financial support provided by Nesta may not cover all the costs of your project and VAT is not payable on grants.
2.4. You and your partners must bear any costs relating to the submission of your application. You must take independent legal advice if you are concerned about these terms and conditions or your participation in HARP Seed. Unless otherwise stated, each applicant may make only one application to HARP Seed.
2.5. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any applications; to suspend or withdraw HARP Seed at any time; to vary the form and substance of HARP Seed or extend the deadlines; to reduce or increase the number of applicants selected for each phase of selection or the amount of support available under HARP Seed; and/or to reject any proposal or withdraw a place on HARP Seed if you are in breach of these terms and conditions, fail to participate fully in HARP Seed or in the event of an actual or potential conflict of interest. If any selected applicant subsequently withdraws or is withdrawn from HARP Seed, we may select a replacement applicant, but will not be obliged to do so.
2.6. We reserve the right to vary HARP Seed or these terms and conditions at any time and at our sole discretion. Variations will take effect from the date they are posted on our website so please check this page regularly to see the current version. If you provide us with a contact email address, we will aim to notify you of any changes.
2.7. If you are unable to complete the application process due to a disability, please let us know so that we can consider whether reasonable adjustments can be made.
3. Your promises to us
By submitting an application for HARP Seed, you confirm on behalf of yourself and your partners that:
- all information and materials provided to Nesta by you or your partners are true, accurate and complete and you will notify us immediately of any changes to information or materials provided;
- you have provided us with all information which might reasonably be thought to be relevant or necessary for us to consider your application;
- you and your partners have, or will obtain as required, all authorisations, registrations, licences, consents and permissions necessary to submit your application, carry out your proposal and comply with these terms and conditions;
- in participating in HARP Seed, you and your partners will act lawfully, ethically and in good faith and will comply fully with equality and anti-bribery legislation and with any other applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and codes of practice, and will comply with our reasonable requirements, including in relation to health and safety and security, while attending interviews and workshops as part of HARP Seed; and
- neither you nor any of your partners has any actual or potential conflict of interest with Nesta (including with our trustees, officers or employees) in making your application or complying with these terms and conditions and you will immediately inform us if you become aware of any such conflict of interest.
4. Use of Information
4.1. We will use any personal information provided by you or your partners, including contact details for your staff and your partners’ staff or the purpose of assessing and evaluating your expression of interest, to process your application and to administer HARP Seed.
We may carry out publicity and promotion for HARP Seed and publish our research and evaluation in relation to HARP Seed. We may publish the name of your organisation or movement, a summary of your proposal, in publicity and marketing materials relating to HARP Seed. You may be asked to participate in publicity for HARP Seed and asked to consent to the use of your name, and photographs/recordings of your participation in HARP Seed (if relevant and appropriate) in promotion and publications in any media and online. Before publication, we will take into account your concerns about confidentiality and intellectual property rights in your entry.
4.3. Any publicity which you or your partners wish to carry out in relation to HARP Seed must acknowledge Nesta and any partners and be approved by us in advance.
5. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and both parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.